Groups and Weddings
We have hosted many groups and families attending small intimate weddings in the area.
Sunnybank House can accommodate up to 22 guests and has spacious living room areas with 11 en-suite bedrooms. The Lodge, which is the nearest property to the main house can accommodate up to 8 guests and the gates between the two properties can be opened so that guests from the Lodge can enjoy the grounds of the main house also. The Mews is also located on the grounds.
Wedding parties can book the main house (and additional properties if necessary), for accommodation only. There is both a Catholic and Church of Ireland church within walking distance of the house or the option of a civil ceremony in the nearby Abbeyglen Castle, which is 5 mins. walk from the main house on the Sky road.
Examples of previous wedding party arrangements
- Wedding party stayed throughout all four properties for a week, wedding ceremony held in a beautiful small church in Ballinahinch.
- Wedding party stayed in the main house for a long weekend, and a civil ceremony was held in a nearby hotel – Abbeyglen Castle Hotel
- Wedding party stayed in all four properties for four nights. The blessing took place on the spectacular Omey Strand (10 mins drive), on a beautiful summers day.
Clifden and Sunnybank are the ideal location for groups offering excellent accommodation and the freedom to discover Connemara, amble down to the town without relying on cars and transport or just enjoying the spacious living area in and around the houses, whether lazing by the pool, or curling up in front of the fire with a good book.
Group booking ideas…….
- Family reunions- including a special birthday or anniversary, where dinner is cooked by a local chef. You can book tours of Connemara and beyond organised using a local guide and evenings spent either eating in or in town listening to live traditional music played in the local pubs.
- Birthday parties – incorporating a friends weekend away where you can cook yourselves or book the snug in the local pub for great bar food, wine and guinness. Birthday cakes can be pre – ordered with our local chef or from Walsh’s bakery in Clifden.
- Pre – wedding weekends incorporating activities at the Killary Adventure centre or Delphi Lodge, followed by dinner in the house, BBQ by the pool or one of the restaurants within 2 mins. walk of the house.
- Golfing groups – playing on the various championship courses within one hours drive, followed by dinner in house or in town.
- Christmas & New Year – ideal for a family or friends christmas away from home. You arrive to a warm and cosy house with the fires blazing and Christmas tree ready for christmas morning. A magical time of year in Connemara.