Groups and Weddings
Sunnybank has 11 ensuite bedrooms and can accommodate up to 22 guests with plenty of other accommodation available within walking distance of the house. The ground floor has 2 reception rooms and a dining room and can host either a sit down dinner for 20 at the long table or buffet dinner for larger numbers. There are also numerous restaurants, hotels and food venues within walking distance of the house.
Weddings and celebrations
An ideal venue for small intimate ceremonies and celebrations. Ceremonies can be held in the house or nearby with guests being accommodates in Sunnybank. There is both a Catholic and Church of Ireland church within walking distance of the house or the option of a civil ceremony in the nearby Abbeyglen Castle, which is located on the Sky Road 5 minutes walk from Sunnybank.
Examples of previous wedding party arrangements:
- Wedding party booked Sunnybank for a week, and held the wedding ceremony in a beautiful small church in Ballinahinch.
- Wedding party stayed in the main house for a long weekend, and a civil ceremony was held in a nearby hotel – Abbeyglen Castle Hotel.
- Wedding party stayed in Sunnybank. The blessing took place on the spectacular Omey Strand (10 mins drive), with a reception afterwards in Sunnybank prepared by outside caterers.
Many of our guests at Sunnybank are family groups either holidaying together or gathering for an important celebration. Sunnybank is an ideal venue not only because of its size and capacity but also because of its proximity to the town which allows guests to wander and explore without requiring transport.
Group booking ideas:
- Family reunions – including a special birthday or anniversary, where dinner is cooked by a local chef. You can book tours of Connemara and beyond, organised using a local guide and evenings spent either eating in or in town listening to live traditional music played in the local pubs.
- Birthday parties – incorporating a friends weekend away where you can cook yourselves or book the snug in Guys Bar for great bar food, wine and Guinness. Birthday cakes can be pre-ordered with our local chef or from Walsh’s bakery in Clifden.
- Pre-wedding weekends – incorporating activities at the Killary Adventure centre or Delphi Lodge, followed by dinner in the house, BBQ by the pool or one of the restaurants within 2 mins. walk of the house.
- Golfing groups – playing on the various championship courses within one hour’s drive, followed by dinner in house or in town.
- Christmas & New Year – ideal for a family or friends Christmas away from home. You arrive to a warm and cosy house with the fires blazing and Christmas tree ready for Christmas morning. A magical time of year in Connemara.